

Latest News
UK’s Gambling Related Harm APPG Criticises Gambling Firms over Ads
The members of the UK’s Gambling Related Harm All Party Parliamentary Group (GRH APPG) have accused gambling firms of breaching the spirit of a pledge to remove television and radio ads during the lockdown.
They said some social messages broadcast to replace ads were “thinly veiled” commercials and have urged the government to intervene.
The Betting and Gaming Council (BGC) announced last month that its members would remove television and radio advertising by May 7 at the latest. The pledge was to last for the remainder of the UK’s Covid-19 lockdown.
In the case of advertising slots that had already been bought, members agreed to replace the planned adverts with safe gambling messages. But members of GRH APPG claim that such social messages are “thinly veiled” ads.
“These are clearly just forms of advertising under the thinly veiled guise of a social responsibility message,” GRH APPG said.
The 50 members of the group have written again to the UK’s Minister for Culture Nigel Huddleston to urge the government to take action.
The group also criticised companies for publishing the adverts under the names of casino divisions rather than under the parent company names.
“The multiple adverts across all commercial TV channels on Saturday shows that the much trumpeted gambling advertising ban is just hypocritical PR and the gambling industry is incapable of self-regulation,” Charles Ritchie of Gambling with Lives, said.
The BGC has argued that if critics are genuinely concerned they should call on non-BGC members such as the National Lottery to follow its lead.
Gambling in the USA
New Hampshire Charitable Gaming Revenue Hits $24.8M in July

New Hampshire charitable gaming revenue has reached $24.8 million last month, up from the previous year’s figure of $14.5 million, boosted by the opening of new casinos.
The latest figures come from the New Hampshire Lottery and Gaming Commission, which shows that of the 15 casinos, only four saw losses, while four others were not in operation last July.
The Nash Casino, which opened in March, generated the highest revenue of all the casinos – $5.8 million.
The highest year-over-year increase was seen by the Revo Casino Lebanon, which opened in a new location in December, and saw revenue rise by 321% from $387,836 to over $1.6 million.
Other notable rises were seen from the Lakes Region Casino, which generated an increase of 24% year-over-year and The Brook, which saw a 17% rise from $4.7 million to $5.5 million.
The biggest declines came from The Lucky Moose Casino, where profits dropped by 79% from $666,454 to $139,748, and the Gate City Casino, which saw profits fall by 16% from $2.7 million to $2.3 million.
Historic horse racing revenue rose by 85% year-over-year, from $10.6 million to $19.7 million, while games of chance revenue increased by 53% from $3.3 million to $5.1 million.
The post New Hampshire Charitable Gaming Revenue Hits $24.8M in July appeared first on Gaming and Gambling Industry in the Americas.
Compliance Updates
Nevada Rep. Dina Titus to Add FAIR BET Act to 2026 Defense Budget

Nevada Rep. Dina Titus is strategically pushing forward her Fair Accounting for Income Realized from Betting Earnings Taxation Act, commonly known as the FAIR BET Act. She intends to attach it to the 2026 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), a key piece of legislation that must pass annually. This maneuver, revealed on August 27, is designed to increase the chances that her proposal will be enacted into law.
The FAIR BET Act seeks to reverse a disputed provision introduced under former President Donald Trump’s One Big Beautiful Bill Act. The provision lowered the gambling loss deduction from 100% to 90%, which is set to take effect in January 2026. This change has met significant resistance from both the gaming industry and individual gamblers, who argue that it unfairly taxes money that they never actually won.
Representative Titus, who co-leads the Congressional Gaming Caucus, initially introduced this succinct bill in July. However, it stalled in the House Ways and Means Committee. To overcome this hurdle, she is leveraging a common legislative tactic by attaching the amendment to the NDAA. Around two decades ago, a similar strategy helped pass the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act amid a port security bill.
The initiative enjoys strong support from major gaming industry leaders and state officials. Prominent executives from companies such as MGM Resorts, Caesars, and Wynn Resorts have expressed concern to lawmakers about the financial impact this deduction limit could have on both players and casinos. The American Gaming Association has also condemned the recent tax rule, stressing that it unfairly penalizes a legal and regulated industry.
The FAIR BET Act is gaining momentum across party lines. So far, ten members in the House have endorsed it as co-sponsors. In addition, a Republican counterpart titled the WAGER Act was introduced in July by Representative Andy Barr of Kentucky. In the Senate, Nevada Senator Catherine Cortez Masto has proposed a similar measure known as the FULL HOUSE Act.
Supporters emphasize the importance of this amendment for states like Nevada, where gambling significantly contributes to the economy. However, some critics argue that inserting tax policy changes into a defense authorization bill represents an overreach by lawmakers.
The amendment is currently under review by the House Rules Committee, with a vote expected within the next several weeks.
The post Nevada Rep. Dina Titus to Add FAIR BET Act to 2026 Defense Budget appeared first on Gaming and Gambling Industry in the Americas.
Betr
Jake Paul-Linked Gambling App Betr Arcade Launches

Betr, the gambling and fantasy sports operator founded by Joey Levy and social media personality-turned-boxer Jake Paul, has introduced Betr Arcade, a cash-based gaming product built on head-to-head competition. The new feature launched earlier this month inside the Betr Picks daily fantasy sports platform and includes four games: 21, Fruit Match, Crossout 21, and 5 Across.
Unlike traditional casino play, these contests pit players directly against one another, rather than against the operator. Entry begins at $1.25 per game, with a practice option available for those who want to try the formats without wagering before entering for money. You should also ensure that you take advantage of a Betr picks promo code before entering for real money.
Levy described Betr Arcade as the company’s dedicated skill-gaming product, noting that it is already live in 29 states. He added that more titles and additional categories will be released in the coming months, broadening the scope of the Betr app beyond fantasy and skill-based contests.
The launch arrives as legal real-money online casinos are only offered in seven states, meaning that most of the nation cannot access regulated content. Focusing on peer-to-peer platforms, which are not subject to the same regulations as casino sites, Betr has been able to provide its services in states that ban casino play.
That includes big markets like Florida, Texas, and California, which have previously seen regulators crack down on against-the-house fantasy games. The peer-to-peer approach has allowed Betr to continue operating while expanding into new skill-based products.
Betr is not the only operator adapting its model to navigate state-level restrictions. Rival daily fantasy sports (DFS) operator PrizePicks has confirmed it no longer offers against-the-house Pick ’em contests in the US, shifting entirely to its peer-to-peer Arena product.
The change took effect on Aug. 22, according to a company spokesperson, who highlighted the move as an effort to deliver a more social and sustainable DFS product.
Previously, PrizePicks offered Pick ’em in 17 states and Washington, D.C., including major markets like California and Texas, where fantasy sports remain unregulated. Arena, first launched in January 2024, requires players to pay an entry fee to join competitions against other users, with prizes awarded to the highest-scoring lineups.
The format has been positioned as less vulnerable to regulatory pushback, as some state authorities have likened Pick ’em contests to sports betting.
PrizePicks had already shifted to Arena-only play in California in June, shortly before the Attorney General’s office issued an opinion stating that all DFS products violated state law. Following that decision, Underdog Fantasy also removed its Pick ’em contests in California.
Currently, PrizePicks is active in 45 states, Washington, D.C., and every Canadian province except Ontario. It has also secured a license in Puerto Rico.
The post Jake Paul-Linked Gambling App Betr Arcade Launches appeared first on Gaming and Gambling Industry in the Americas.
-
gaming3 years ago
ODIN by 4Players: Immersive, state-of-the-art in-game audio launches into the next generation of gaming
-
EEG iGaming Directory8 years ago
iSoftBet continues to grow with new release Forest Mania
-
News7 years ago
Softbroke collaborates with Asia Live Tech for the expansion of the service line in the igaming market
-
News7 years ago
Super Bowl LIII: NFL Fans Can Bet on the #1 Sportsbook Review Site Betting-Super-Bowl.com, Providing Free Unbiased and Trusted News, Picks and Predictions
-
iGaming Industry8 years ago
Rick Meitzler appointed to the Indian Gaming Magazine Advisory Board for 2018
-
News7 years ago
REVEALED: Top eSports players set to earn $3.2 million in 2019
-
iGaming Industry8 years ago
French Senator raises Loot Boxes to France’s Gambling Regulator
-
News7 years ago
Exclusive Interview with Miklos Handa (Founder of the email marketing solutions, “MailMike.net”), speaker at Vienna International Gaming Expo 2018