Connect with us

Asia

PAGCOR heeds call to help families affected by oil spill in Mindoro town

Published

on

Reading Time: 2 minutes

 

THE Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) heeded the call to help the families and individuals who are gravely affected by the massive oil spill in the waters of Oriental Mindoro by joining a relief-giving mission on March 28, 2023.

The state-run gaming agency distributed 6,000 food and non-food packs to 3,000 recipients in the town of Pola. Most locals in said town only rely on fishing as their source of livelihood. Pola was reported as the most affected among the 14 municipalities of the province after oil slicks from the sunken M/T Princess reached their shorelines and continue to deprive them of their livelihood and food supply.

Princess Go, President of the organizer of the mission, NextGen Foundation Philippines, Inc. (NGFPI), said they requested aid from various sources to help the distressed families of Pola as soon as reports came out that the town is suffering heavily from the effects of the oil spill. PAGCOR was one of the agencies that they approached for relief assistance.

“We really needed all the help we can get to provide relief to those who were affected by this unfortunate incident. Thankfully, PAGCOR agreed to partner with us to make this humanitarian event happen,” she stated.

Pola Municipal Mayor Jennifer Cruz led the distribution of the relief items to the beneficiaries at the town’s public market. She was joined in the activity by key PAGCOR officers headed by VP for Corporate Social Responsibility Group Ramon Stephen Villaflor and Asst. VP for Community Relations and Services Eric Balcos and representatives from NextGen and Oceanus Conservation.

Fifty-year-old Annabel Fabula, village chief of distant Barangay Buhay na Tubig, related that life had been extremely difficult for her constituents since fishing is temporarily banned in the areas devastated by the oil spill. With no other alternative source of livelihood, the residents of the community have been relying mostly on aid from the local government and various organizations for more than three weeks now to get by with their daily needs. The remote village, which can only be accessed through a 40-minute boat ride from the town proper, has a total population of over 1,000.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Asia

Asian Poker Tour Announces Cancellation of APT Manila 2025

Published

on

asian-poker-tour-announces-cancellation-of-apt-manila-2025
Reading Time: < 1 minute

 

The Asian Poker Tour has announced the cancellation of APT Manila 2025, which was scheduled to take place from May 30 to June 8, 2025, at the City of Dreams Manila.

The next scheduled APT tour stop following the upcoming APT Taipei 2025—running April 25 to May 4 with a TWD 70M (~USD 2.1M) guaranteed Main Event—will be the APT Incheon 2025; boasting a KRW 2.5M buy-in Main Event with a KRW 1.5B (~USD 1M) guarantee running August 1-10 at the Paradise Hotel & Resort.

This will be followed by the APT Jeju 2025, which boasts a KRW 2.6M buy-in Main Event with a KRW 2.2B (~USD 1.5M) prize pool guarantee and runs from September 26 to October 5 at Jeju Shinhwa World.

The 2025 APT poker schedule will conclude with the thrilling end of year APT Championship (APTC), which runs from November 14-30, 2025 at the Red Point Center’s brand new “Red Space” venue located in central Taipei.

The APTC Main Event boasts a massive TWD 165 million (~USD 5 million) prize pool guarantee – the largest the tour has ever offered.

Players can win their seat to this exciting TWD 350,000 (~USD 10,700) freezeout by competing in the tour’s three signature events—the APT Main Event, the APT High Roller and the APT Super High Roller—at each of the three remaining APT tour stops preceding the APTC.

The post Asian Poker Tour Announces Cancellation of APT Manila 2025 appeared first on European Gaming Industry News.

Continue Reading

Asia

Birmingham City Forms Alliance with GOD55 as Their Official Asian Betting Partner

Published

on

birmingham-city-forms-alliance-with-god55-as-their-official-asian-betting-partner
Reading Time: < 1 minute

 

GOD55, a premier online gaming platform and leading operator in Southeast Asia, is proud to announce its partnership with Birmingham City Football Club as the club’s Official Asian Betting Partner.

Established in 2016, GOD55 has become one of the biggest and most trusted brands in the online gaming industry, offering a wide range of betting and entertainment options, including casino games, sports betting, and live dealer experiences. Leveraging cutting-edge technology, the platform provides users with seamless mobile and desktop access, real-time data integration, and high-quality streaming for live events.

As part of this exciting partnership, GOD55 has launched an exciting announcement film, filmed on location at Birmingham City’s St. Andrew’s @ Knighthead Park and Elite Performance Innovation Centre.

A spokesperson for GOD55 commented: “We are delighted to partner with Birmingham City, a club with a rich history and a dedicated global fanbase. This collaboration reflects our commitment to connecting with football enthusiasts and delivering an enhanced entertainment experience. Together, we aim to engage fans in innovative ways, celebrating the beautiful game while offering a world-class gaming platform for our users in Asia.”

Birmingham City also expressed their excitement about the partnership: “We’re thrilled to welcome GOD55 to the Birmingham City family as our Official Asian Betting Partner. This partnership highlights the club’s growing international appeal and provides an opportunity to further engage with our supporters in Asia. We look forward to working closely with GOD55 to achieve great things together.”

The post Birmingham City Forms Alliance with GOD55 as Their Official Asian Betting Partner appeared first on European Gaming Industry News.

Continue Reading

Asia

FOMO7 Expands Platform with 46 New Indian Lottery Games

Published

on

fomo7-expands-platform-with-46-new-indian-lottery-games
Reading Time: < 1 minute

 

FOMO7, a trusted name in online entertainment, has unveiled a massive update to its gaming platform with 46 exciting new Indian lottery games, giving players even more chances to win guaranteed prizes in addition to their regular winnings.

This new launch brings a diverse mix of India’s most beloved lottery formats, including:

• Kerala Lottery

• Speed Matka Lottery

• Daily Matka Lottery

• Dear Lottery

• Daily Pick3, Pick4 & Pick5 Lotteries

• Wingo Lottery

With minimum bets starting at just ₹6, draws are held as frequently as every minute, and scheduled daily, weekly, and at popular time slots like 8 AM, 9 AM, 5 PM, 8 PM and 10 PM, offering a dynamic and rewarding experience for both casual and seasoned players. Top winnings go up to ₹10 Crores, making this one of the most lucrative opportunities in the online lottery space today.

In addition to its rich selection of lottery games, FOMO7 offers a comprehensive gaming experience with casino games, sports betting, instant sports and classic live sports, catering to all kinds of online gaming enthusiasts.

The post FOMO7 Expands Platform with 46 New Indian Lottery Games appeared first on European Gaming Industry News.

Continue Reading

Trending