Connect with us

Africa

Youth football and unity take centre stage in Côte d’Ivoire

Published

on

Reading Time: 4 minutes

 

Focus on promoting unity, developing and strengthening football governance

FIFA and CAF presidents visited Côte d’Ivoire to begin two-day itinerary; Focus on promoting unity, developing and strengthening football governance; Continent’s inaugural pan-African inter-school football championship also launched.

The presidents of CAF and FIFA travelled to Côte d’Ivoire on Monday as part of their first joint mission in Africa since the election of Dr Patrice Motsepe as the confederation’s new president in March. Central to their two-day itinerary were meetings with government and football officials, with the focus on promoting unity and serenity, developing and strengthening the country’s football governance and launching the continent’s inaugural pan-African inter-school football championship in Abobo, a municipality just outside the country’s capital Abidjan.

Arriving in Abidjan they were greeted by members of the normalisation committee of the Ivorian Football Federation (FIF), including President Mariam Dao Gabala, who along with her colleagues has been responsible for bringing football back into play in Côte d’Ivoire.

An official dinner was hosted for the delegation by Ivorian Minister for the Promotion of Youth, Professional Integration and Civic Service, Mamadou Touré, in the presence of Minister for National Education and Literacy, Marietou Koné. Addressing the gathering CAF President Dr Motsepe underlined the unifying power of football being more important than differences between diverse groups of people. He was also keen to highlight CAF’s robust support for the West African nation stating: “Côte d’Ivoire has CAF’s total commitment and 2023’s AFCON here will be the best ever.”

FIFA President Gianni Infantino bolstered this message further saying: “We need to work together to make football great and make the millions of passionate fans in Côte d’Ivoire, a country that has won the AFCON twice and will soon host it, happy.”

Present at the event to provide their support for the joint CAF/FIFA mission were CAF’s four vice presidents, presidents of the five CAF zonal unions and presidents from CAF Member Associations in West Africa Football Zone Union B.

This morning, the CAF and FIFA delegation’s focus was on viewing the work of the FIF normalisation ccommittee first hand, in order to understand what had been completed and the challenges it has faced. Addressing the assembled media outside the FIF building Dr Motsepe congratulated President Gabala and her team on their outstanding work and strong commitment to bringing peace and unity back to Ivorian football.

This sentiment was echoed by FIFA President Infantino who underlined the progress the FIF had made, particularly with the organisation of an elective congress, which it hopes to hold by the end of the year. “Côte d’Ivoire has the unwavering support of FIFA,” he said.

The joint delegation then travelled to the Ministry of Sports for a meeting with Minister Claude Paulin Danho. Discussions covered the country’s hosting of next year’s AFCON competition, and improving football governance. Speaking to the minister, Infantino expressed FIFA’s commitment and willingness to work hand in hand with the Ivorian authorities to “reinvigorate Ivorian football, especially given the outstanding talent it has produced. The football legends from Côte d’Ivoire have greatly contributed to building football history in Africa and across the world,” he said.

Ivorian Legends were very much pivotal to talks amongst the three men, with the CAF president reminiscing with Minister Danho about Siaka Tiéné, a young Ivorian player who had been one of his favourites due to his talent and passion, when Dr Motsepe ran South African football club Mamelodi Sundowns, prior to his election as CAF president.

The delegation were then received by the President of Côte d’Ivoire, His Excellency Alassane Ouattara, at the Presidential Palace. During the meeting the joint delegation stressed the outstanding talent in the country and the need to harness this through the development of youth football and CAF’s first ever pan-African inter-school football championship.

Following the discussions with the Ivorian Head of State, Infantino said: “President Ouattara is a great fan of football, so it is an honour to be here today to talk about how we can work together to support the youth of this country through the beautiful game. Côte d’Ivoire is a county with a legacy of talented footballers and many future ones yet to be discovered, so it is important for Africa and the rest of the footballing world that FIFA, CAF and the Ivorian authorities work together to develop the game and elevate it to the highest of heights.”

The final engagement of the day for the CAF/FIFA joint delegation was the launch of the pan-African inter-school football championship in Abobo. Fittingly, a football match featuring mixed teams of schoolchildren kicked off the initiative, with both presidents putting their technical and tactical football skills to the test as team coaches.

Following the match Dr Motsepe announced that the Motsepe Foundation, founded by himself and his wife Precious Moloi-Motsepe, would make a donation of USD $10 million to the ground-breaking new pan-African inter-school football championship, which will take place across the six zonal regions of CAF. After the match, the FIFA President said: “The gesture from the Motsepe Foundation, Patrice and his wife Precious, is exceptional. It’s a step forward for this competition that will give hope and joy to thousands of children in Côte d’Ivoire and throughout Africa who love football. Thank you to the Motsepe family for showing us Ubuntu in action.”

The joint delegation ended their visit to Côte d’Ivoire with a press conference focused on the African league, the development of women’s football, strengthening football governance, this November’s FIFA Arab Cup in Qatar and how to bridge divisions in Ivorian football. Both the CAF and FIFA presidents also outlined the plans to roll out the inaugural pan-African inter-school championship in Côte d’Ivoire to the assembled Ivorian and African media.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Africa

Play’n GO announces landmark South African partnership with Hollywoodbets

Published

on

play’n-go-announces-landmark-south-african-partnership-with-hollywoodbets
Reading Time: < 1 minute

 

Play’n GO, the world’s leading casino entertainment provider, has today announced a new operator partnership in South Africa with Hollywoodbets.

The legendary games studio went live in South Africa in 2024, and this newly announced partnership will see classic Play’n GO titles such as Fire Joker, Rise of Olympus 100 and Boat Bonanza now available to Hollywoodbets players in South Africa.

Play’n GO enjoyed a landmark year in 2024, expanding its reach globally, and recently announced the launch of two brand new slots mechanics, Blitzways™ and Crashback™.

Stuart Trigwell, Director of Business Development at Play’n GO, commented “South Africa is a market of increasing significance in iGaming globally, and we’re very pleased to have gained such a strong foothold in the country with this partnership.

“The Hollywoodbets brand is synonymous with iGaming in South Africa, and this partnership reflects the commitment of both Play’n GO and Hollywoodbets to deliver the best casino gaming experience possible to players in the region. We’re excited for the opportunities that will come from this partnership, and we look forward to many years of success together.”

Wayde Dorkin, Head of Product at Hollywoodbets added “We’re looking forward to welcoming Play’n GO’s legendary games portfolio to our platform, and we know our players are just as excited as we are. We’re committed to being the number one operator in South Africa, and partnering with Play’n GO is a significant step forward on that journey.”

The post Play’n GO announces landmark South African partnership with Hollywoodbets appeared first on European Gaming Industry News.

Continue Reading

Africa

Springbok Casino is Offering 25 Free Spins in Honour of South Africa’s Top 5 Wild Egg Hunters

Published

on

springbok-casino-is-offering-25-free-spins-in-honour-of-south-africa’s-top-5-wild-egg-hunters
Reading Time: < 1 minute

 

Enjoy 25 Free Spins on Charms of the Forest slot from April 1-30

SpringbokCasino.co.za, South Africa’s leading online casino, is ringing in April with an exciting feature: the Egg-citing Safari — where South Africa’s five iconic animals embark on the ultimate Wilderness Easter Egg Hunt.  To join in on the fun, all players will receive 25 Free Spins on the Charms of the Forest slot.

In this adventure-filled experience, Springbok Casino introduces players to five extraordinary egg hunters: the lightning-fast cheetah, the agile springbok, the watchful meerkat, the clever baboon, and the towering ostrich. Each of these remarkable animals uses their unique abilities to track down hidden Easter eggs in the wild and teach us life lessons: 

EGG-CITING SAFARI: SOUTH AFRICA’S TOP 5 WILD EGG HUNTERS

  • The cheetah teaches us that acting quickly and decisively can help us overcome obstacles.
  • The springbok shows us that agility and focus are keys to success.
  • The meerkat teaches us the value of staying alert and working together.
  • The baboon teaches us to be clever, resourceful, and to embrace our curiosity.
  • The ostrich teaches us that a unique perspective and steady effort can help us achieve great things.

APRIL FREE SPINS

Valid April 1-30, 2025

25 Free Spins for Charms of the Forest

Coupon Code:  EGGSAFARI

Charms of the Forest invites players into a magical adventure with a 5×3 reel layout, 25 paylines, and an enchanting fantasy theme. Enjoy exciting features like Hold & Spin jackpots, a Free Games bonus, and the opportunity to win up to 50,000x your bet per line.

Springbok Casino provides customer service in English and Afrikaans, offering hundreds of slots and table games from SpinLogic, all played in Rands. Games are playable on mobile devices or instant play.

The post Springbok Casino is Offering 25 Free Spins in Honour of South Africa’s Top 5 Wild Egg Hunters appeared first on European Gaming Industry News.

Continue Reading

Africa

EGT Digital continues to hit milestones in Africa

Published

on

egt-digital-continues-to-hit-milestones-in-africa
Reading Time: < 1 minute

 

EGT Digital keeps on expanding its presence on the African continent. Recently, the popular operator Bangbet has begun using the provider’s Gaming Aggregator, significantly enriching the choice of visitors to its Kenyan betting site. Now players can enjoy EGT Digital’s extensive gaming portfolio, including over 120 casino titles, the crash game xRide, as well as the jackpot top-performers Bell Link, High Cash, Clover Chance, and Single Progressive Jackpot.

“It is a great pleasure for us to start our collaboration with Bangbet, one of the most prominent operators in Africa,” shared Zsuzsanna Zeibig, Sales manager for Africa at EGT Digital. “I am also very happy with the excellent performance of our games, which have very quickly established themselves as their customers’ favorites. I believe that this fruitful cooperation will further increase the operator’s popularity, while paving our way to other key players in the region.”

David Kabue, Director of Bangbet, also gave high evaluation to the partnership: “EGT Digital’s gaming content has brought enormous diversity to our slot offerings in terms of themes, high winning chances, and attractive bonuses. Bell Link has stood out as a particularly engaging product, with the other jackpot solutions also demonstrating impressive results. That is why we have decided to integrate the Bulgarian provider’s games into our betting sites in the other markets where we operate – Nigeria, Ghana, Tanzania, and Uganda – in the coming months.”

The post EGT Digital continues to hit milestones in Africa appeared first on European Gaming Industry News.

Continue Reading

Trending