Connect with us

Canada

Jackpocket Raises $50M Series C Following New York Licensing and 4X Annual Growth

Published

on

 

Jackpocket, the first and only licensed third-party app in the U.S. to provide a secure way to order official state lottery tickets, announced today the conclusion of a $50M Series C funding round. After seven years of operation, Jackpocket has won regulatory approval in New York and New Jersey, and has also worked with eight other states to provide consumers with the easiest, most compliant way to play the lottery today. The company’s new investment is already paying off; in January alone, new user growth surpassed the entirety of 2020. After launching in New York last month, Jackpocket hit 7% of all Powerball tickets sold in the state.

The Series C funding was fueled by diverse companies, groups, and individuals who share Jackpocket’s vision to revolutionize the lottery and gaming market. This group includes major firms such as Raine Group, Greenspring Associates, Circle K Ventures, TEGNA Ventures, BRV Capital, and Gaingels, and a number of new high-profile individual investors, such as David Blitzer, the owner of the NJ Devils & 76ers, Sean Hayes, actor and producer best known for his role in Will & Grace, and Jon Ledecky, the owner of the NY Islanders.

“Lottery is the next major form of entertainment to go mobile, and Jackpocket is proud to lead that movement by partnering with state lotteries and legislators in the pursuit of a more accessible, convenient, and responsible lottery experience,” said Peter Sullivan, CEO and Founder of Jackpocket. “Our growth over the past 12 months highlights our ability to reach a new demographic of lottery players looking for fun and safe mobile experiences. This next round of funding will allow us to significantly grow our user base as we launch in new jurisdictions, expand our team, and continue to build the lottery of the future.”

The Series C funding will fuel new growth marketing campaigns and a series of new additions to the Jackpocket team to support aggressive expansion. The future for Jackpocket looks bright, as the app continues to reach previously untapped lottery audiences. New data found that nearly half of Jackpocket’s first-time players are 18-35 years old, and the overwhelming majority of Jackpocket’s users are under 45 years old.

“Mobile lottery represents a tremendous area for growth in the $300-billion global lottery industry, and Raine is pleased to invest in this latest round for Jackpocket, the premier and proven leader in this space,” said Gordon Rubenstein, Managing Partner of Raine Ventures. “Jackpocket’s success is a testament to their deep understanding of the lottery consumer and regulatory environment, their cutting-edge, proprietary technology platform, and clear vision for the future of mobile gaming. From our experience in real money gaming, we fully expect Jackpocket to become a household name, and are delighted to partner with them as they continue to expand.”

 

SOURCE Jackpocket

Continue Reading
Advertisement

BetVictor

BetVictor Canada launches Tracy McGrady Safer Gambling campaign

Published

on

betvictor-canada-launches-tracy-mcgrady-safer-gambling-campaign

 

BetVictor Canada has launched its new out-of-home advertising campaign across the streets of Toronto to promote NBA legend Tracy McGrady as its Safer Gambling Ambassador.

Two mobile digital trucks strategically targeting high-traffic areas near Scotiabank Arena, Rogers Centre, and major sporting events will provide prime audience exposure for the campaign, scheduled around Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, and Toronto Blue Jays home games.

To further enhance the campaign’s reach, BetVictor Canada has partnered with Clear Media Group to leverage digital taxi tops across Toronto, providing city-wide exposure with 100 taxis displaying key brand messaging. These digital taxi tops will run during peak evening hours (5:00pm – 9:00pm) on select dates until April 5th, 2025.

The campaign coincides with Problem Gambling Awareness Month, a nationwide grassroots campaign held each March that seeks to increase public awareness of problem gambling and promote prevention, treatment, and recovery services.

BetVictor Canada offers an array of tools and services to help its Canadian customers bet and play safely and responsibly, across a host of sports betting markets and online casino games.

Mark Harper, Head of Emerging Markets at BV Group, said: BetVictor is delighted to be participating in the National Council of Problem Gambling campaign in March, to help increase public awareness of problem gambling and the need to promote prevention, treatment and recovery services.

“In using our Safer Gambling Ambassador, Tracy McGrady, to raise awareness about BetVictor’s safer gambling tools such as loss limits, time alerts and product restrictions we are dedicated to ensuring all players have a safe gambling experience. #PGAM2025.”

The post BetVictor Canada launches Tracy McGrady Safer Gambling campaign appeared first on Gaming and Gambling Industry in the Americas.

Continue Reading

AGCO

AGCO issues $110,000 in penalties to BetMGM Canada for offering cash to induce new gambling customers

Published

on

agco-issues-$110,000-in-penalties-to-betmgm-canada-for-offering-cash-to-induce-new-gambling-customers

 

The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) has served BetMGM Canada Inc. with an Order of Monetary Penalty (OMP) of $110,000 for violations of the Registrar’s Standards for Internet Gaming.

In two separate incidents in 2024, BetMGM engaged marketing companies who offered cash to members of the public in return for opening new BetMGM accounts. The marketing activities occurred in public forums, such as a major national trade conference. Under AGCO’s Standards, operators are responsible for the conduct of their third-party suppliers who are contracted to support the operator’s Ontario gaming business, and must require their third-parties to meet Ontario laws, regulations and standards (Standard 1.19).

Ontario is one of the first jurisdictions in the world to establish and enforce rules that strictly limit high-risk inducement advertising and marketing in the online gambling industry. Registered iGaming operators are prohibited from offering gambling inducements, bonuses and credits as part of their broad public advertising and marketing activities (Standard 2.05). These Standards exist to protect Ontarians from predatory advertising and promotional marketing practices in order to limit the risk of gambling-related harm.

A registered operator served with an OMP by the AGCO has the right to appeal the Registrar’s decision to the Licence Appeal Tribunal (LAT), which is an adjudicative tribunal independent of the AGCO and part of Tribunals Ontario.

QUOTE

“Responsible gambling safeguards and the protection of Ontarians on registered gaming sites is among our key priorities. The AGCO monitors the activities of all registered operators and their third-party suppliers to ensure they are meeting our high standards and we continue to take strong action to ensure they operate within the public interest.”

Dr. Karin Schnarr, Chief Executive Officer and Registrar – AGCO

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

BetMGM Canada Inc. failed to comply with the Registrar’s Standards for Internet Gaming. Specifically, the licensee failed to comply with the following provisions of the Standards:

  • 1.19 Operators are responsible for the actions of third parties with whom they contract for the provision of any aspect of the Operator’s business related to gaming in Ontario and must require the third party to conduct themselves in so far as they carry out activities on behalf of the operator as if they were bound by the same laws, regulations, and standards.
  • 2.05 Advertising and marketing materials that communicate gambling inducements, bonuses and credits are prohibited, except on an operator’s gaming site and through direct advertising and marketing, after receiving active player consent.

Contrary to the Standards, BetMGM Canada Inc. and/or their affiliates allegedly engaged in the following activities:

a) On or about January 13 and 14, 2024, BetMGM representatives were alleged to have attended the National Franchise Show and were offering $100 in cash to new players for opening a new account and depositing $15.
b) On or about March 11, 2024, BetMGM acknowledged that its marketing affiliate “Above the Street” had engaged in prohibited inducement marketing. The conduct resulted in 377 player sign-ups and $127,180.00 in commissions to “Above the Street”.
c) On or about April 13, 2024, another BetMGM marketing affiliate “Maple Leaf Marketing” engaged in prohibited inducements and marketing to induce on-site activations and acquire new players. The conduct resulted in 94 player sign-ups and about $34,000.00 in commissions paid to “Maple Leaf Marketing”.

The post AGCO issues $110,000 in penalties to BetMGM Canada for offering cash to induce new gambling customers appeared first on Gaming and Gambling Industry in the Americas.

Continue Reading

BCLC

BCLC Launches “What’s played here stays here” Campaign

Published

on

bclc-launches-“what’s-played-here-stays-here”-campaign

 

BCLC’s new “What’s played here stays here” campaign is issuing an important reminder to British Columbians who choose to gamble – specifically that all net profit its operations generate stays in B.C. to help fund critical services like education, health care and community programs.

The campaign also reinforces that all other gambling websites operating in B.C. are illegal and take away funds from critical community programs and services.

“Across B.C. and Canada, we’ve seen incredible groundswell around the importance of buying and supporting local, and that’s no different for British Columbians who choose gambling for their entertainment. We want our B.C. players to know they can find a world-class gambling experience in their own backyard, whether it’s at one of our 33 casinos, 3,400 lottery retailers, or online at PlayNow.com, and that the proceeds from their play with BCLC make a positive impact at home in their community,” Pat Davis, President and CEO of BCLC, said.

Along with illegal online gambling websites, BCLC also competes with Washington State and Las Vegas casinos, all of which aggressively market to B.C. residents.

“BCLC continues to raise awareness that these gambling options do not support B.C.’s economy and take away funds from vital provincial and community-based programs and services. In a time when British Columbians are standing united, we want to reinforce that playing together with BCLC helps make B.C. even better,” Pat Davis added.

The post BCLC Launches “What’s played here stays here” Campaign appeared first on Gaming and Gambling Industry in the Americas.

Continue Reading

Trending