Connect with us
ainsworth-expects-increase-in-h2-revenue ainsworth-expects-increase-in-h2-revenue

Australia

Ainsworth Expects Increase in H2 Revenue

Published

on

Reading Time: 2 minutes

 

Ainsworth Game Technology Ltd expects its second-half profit before tax to be down sequentially, despite an increase in revenue.

The Australia-listed firm said it anticipated profit before tax for the six months to December 31 – excluding currency exchange impacts and one-off items – to be in the range of AUD8 million (US$5.2 million) to AUD10 million. That would be in comparison to the AUD14-million profit achieved in the first half this year.

Revenue for the July to December period is expected to “show an estimated growth of 12 percent” compared to the AUD121.4 million reported in the six months to June 30, Ainsworth said in a Wednesday filing.

The company said the estimate was “based on preliminary management forecasts, subject to period end closure and audit procedures”.

“These results reflect the positive momentum achieved across the business,” stated the firm.

It added: “All geographical regions experienced solid growth in the period apart from the digital segment which suffered an initial decline following the reduced contributions from Game Account Network Ltd (GAN), following the acceleration of revenue arising from the termination of exclusivity arrangements reflected in the first half of calendar year 2024.”

Ainsworth however noted that gross margins were “negatively impacted” compared to the first half of 2024, “which was the primary factor contributing to the lower profitability experienced in the period”.

The firm said it expects full-year 2024 gross margin to be “approximately 62 percent” compared to the reported margin of about 67 percent in the first half this year.

“The forecasted margin has been adversely affected by a range of factors, including product mix of products sold within Latin America, competitive market conditions and the under recovery of production variances expensed in the current period,” noted the gaming supplier.

Ainsworth’s chief executive, Harald Neumann, said: “I am encouraged by the growth in revenue in the period and expect growth to continue in coming periods as we release the next suite of game offerings across our global markets.”

Mr Neumann said the initiatives undertaken by the company were showing “progressive improvements in game performance” within the markets where the company operates.

“Additional game releases and hardware initiatives are expected to maintain the growth experienced in coming periods,” added the CEO.

In Tuesday’s filing, Ainsworth also said it had “experienced a cybersecurity incident,” which was “currently under investigation and assessment”.

“Despite some disruptions experienced in internal business systems and operations, through cautionary measures implemented, it is currently not expected that this incident will have any material adverse impact on the forecasted results” for the second half this year, stated the firm.

The post Ainsworth Expects Increase in H2 Revenue appeared first on European Gaming Industry News.

Australia

Changes to Tipping Off Offence Came into Effect in Australia

Published

on

changes-to-tipping-off-offence-came-into-effect-in-australia
Reading Time: 2 minutes

 

Businesses and individuals bound by the tipping off offence must now consider whether a disclosure could be expected to prejudice an investigation, under changes to the AML/CTF laws that came into force on March 31.

The changes to the offence, which carries a maximum penalty of around $39,000 or up to 2 years in prison, are now focussed on the harms that could flow from a disclosure.

AUSTRAC CEO, Mr Brendan Thomas, said the change is part of AML/CTF reforms passed late last year to expand and simplify the legislation.

“The previous legislation was almost 20 years old and a lot has changed in that time,” Mr Thomas said.

“AUSTRAC is about to usher in 100,000 new businesses to the regime next year and they too will be subject to the tipping off offence.

“The change to the offence is about balancing intelligence gathering with practicality to ensure we can all get the best outcome – identifying criminal activity and driving money laundering out of legitimate businesses.

“We need businesses to work with us to detect illicit transactions – tipping off risks criminals getting a heads up. Criminals can then take action to hide or disguise their illegal activities. However, we know that effective information sharing within and between businesses helps stop money laundering.”

Businesses and individuals covered by the AML/CTF legislation, including banks, casinos, remitters and money lenders, are now prohibited from disclosing certain information to another person (other than AUSTRAC), only where it would or could reasonably be expected to prejudice an investigation.

“The move to a focus on harms strikes a better balance between protecting law enforcement investigations and allowing industry to collaborate in fighting money laundering, terrorism financing and other serious crimes.”

While the tipping off offence changes from March 31, most of the obligations under the amended AML/CTF Act will not come into effect until 2026, when entities in real estate, accounting, precious stones and metals and digital assets come under AUSTRAC’s remit.

The post Changes to Tipping Off Offence Came into Effect in Australia appeared first on European Gaming Industry News.

Continue Reading

Australia

Vanguard Overwatch Announces New Partnership Deal with McAtamney & Advisors

Published

on

vanguard-overwatch-announces-new-partnership-deal-with-mcatamney-&-advisors
Reading Time: < 1 minute

 

Vanguard Overwatch and McAtamney & Advisors have announced a strategic partnership that brings together leading expertise in anti-money laundering (AML), safer gambling and regulatory strategy to deliver tailored, end-to-end solutions for gambling operators and regulators navigating complex, high-stakes environments.

Vanguard Overwatch is a specialist advisory firm dedicated to advancing gambling-related public policy and regulatory excellence, strengthening industry capability and helping clients navigate complex regulatory environments.

This formal collaboration expands the reach of Vanguard Overwatch’s pioneering Accreditation Programme, which delivers independent assurance and practical insights to uplift capability, demonstrate leadership and mitigate compliance risks.

Built around eight foundational pillars, the programme provides a structured evaluation of governance, AML/CTF processes, safer gambling practices and organisational culture—equipping venues and online operators to meet evolving regulatory expectations with confidence.

Paul Newson, principal at Vanguard Overwatch, said: “This partnership significantly enhances our ability to support clients navigating regulatory complexity and scrutiny. Together, we’re delivering sharp, independent analysis and tailored strategic advice that helps operators meet their obligations, protect their reputation, and drive better social and economic outcomes.”

James McAtamney, managing director of McAtamney & Advisors, has been appointed a principal at Vanguard Overwatch as part of the partnership.

He said: “We’re proud to align with Vanguard Overwatch to support operators in building high-performing compliance systems and engaging confidently with regulators. Our combined capabilities create a powerful platform to support clients across strategy, licensing, AML/CTF, and safer gambling.”

Both firms are active contributors to sector reform and participate in key industry and policy forums, including Regulating the Game and the International Association of Gaming Regulators. The partnership will also support the development of new service offerings, including rapid AML and safer gambling health checks and bespoke regulatory support for operators under pressure.

The post Vanguard Overwatch Announces New Partnership Deal with McAtamney & Advisors appeared first on European Gaming Industry News.

Continue Reading

Australia

Gaming Compliance Checks Underway Across Regional NSW

Published

on

gaming-compliance-checks-underway-across-regional-nsw
Reading Time: < 1 minute

 

Liquor & Gaming NSW (L&GNSW) is conducting a compliance operation across regional NSW throughout March to ensure venues adhere to gaming regulations that promote responsible gambling and reduce harm.

Inspectors will visit clubs and hotels to ensure venues understand and comply with external gambling signage rules and recent changes to requirements for the location of ATMs and cash dispensing facilities.

They will also check that venues have appointed Responsible Gambling Officers, maintained Gambling Incident Registers and adhered to Gaming Plans of Management.

L&GNSW Acting Executive Director of Regulatory Operations Bernadette Beard said the operation is part of an ongoing effort to work with venues to ensure responsible gambling laws are upheld.

“Our compliance operation is well underway, with inspectors visiting venues across regional NSW to ensure they are aware of their obligations,” Ms Beard said.

“A key focus will be on the gaming reforms that took effect on January 1, 2025, which mandate that ATMs and other cash dispensing facilities must be positioned at least five metres from gaming room entrances or exits and kept out of sight from gaming areas and machines,” Jakob Rothwangl said.

Ms Beard said recent inspections in Sydney and other metropolitan areas have identified multiple venues not following the rules, leading to penalties where necessary.

“Since the new cash dispensing rules were introduced, L&GNSW has visited more than 900 clubs and hotels, issuing 53 cautions and three penalty infringement notices to 44 non-compliant venues, with several others under investigation,” Ms Beard said.

“We’re here to assist venues in meeting their responsibilities, but compliance is essential, and enforcement action will be taken where required.”

The post Gaming Compliance Checks Underway Across Regional NSW appeared first on European Gaming Industry News.

Continue Reading

Trending