Yahoo Sportsbook powered by BetMGM expands to Arizona after recently launching in Wyoming, allowing fans to view betting odds across a variety of sports. Users of legal age in each state can click through the odds on Yahoo Sports and the Yahoo Sports app to place bets through the BetMGM platform. This offering further aligns the consumer journey from content discovery to transaction for Yahoo Sports and betting fans.
The offering gives sports fans a new way to enjoy the games they love, integrating sports betting opportunities into the Yahoo Sports and Yahoo Fantasy apps and desktop experiences. In addition, Yahoo Sportsbook powered by BetMGM, elevates the experience for sports fans in other eligible states including New Jersey, Indiana, West Virginia, Colorado, Tennessee, Virginia, Michigan, Iowa, and Pennsylvania, getting them closer to the games they’re passionate about and closing the loop from content to transactions.
Customers in a legal state over the age of 21 can take advantage of a special offer for Thursday night: Bet $1 on Dallas vs. Tampa Bay and win $20 for every passing touchdown by either team. Get started by going to BetMGM.com/YAHOOSPECIAL or by using promo code SPORTSBOOK when making their first deposit with BetMGM.*
Fans nationwide can view betting odds across a variety of sports, and all users can also check out all the free and paid games on the Yahoo Fantasy platform. Users can get started with Yahoo Fantasy Slate to make free predictions for a chance to win prizes weekly.
Download the Yahoo Sports app on iOS or Google Play, or visit https://sports.yahoo.com to get started.
Yahoo and BetMGM entered into a multi-year strategic relationship in October 2019. The partnership builds upon Yahoo’s core strategy to connect content and discovery to transactions, and is a natural extension of Yahoo Sports’ mission to reimagine the sports experience for fans with unprecedented experiences.
The announcement comes on the heels of the launch of a series of new initiatives designed to innovate the fantasy football experience, offering fans new ways to get in on the action for this season, including:
- Season-long partnership with Los Angeles Chargers running back, fantasy star, and Gridiron Gaming Group founder Austin Ekeler: Ekeler will create and star in weekly fantasy show titled “Ekeler’s Edge”, spotlighting fantasy players that are prone to have a big week based on his personal experiences facing the opposing defenses in the league. The new programming will co-stream throughout the season on Wednesdays from September 8th across Yahoo Sports as well as its associated social platforms including TikTok, and Ekeler’s channels, including his popular Twitch channel (Twitch.tv/AustinEkeler) to reach his avid fantasy fans.
- First- Ever Yahoo Fantasy Football Championship: An in-person competition combining the digital and physical experience for fantasy fans to compete for over $200K in prizes at the inaugural Yahoo Fantasy Football Championship at the MGM National Harbor Resort & Casino in Maryland
- Yahoo Fantasy Plus: The premium subscription service from Yahoo Sports introduces the “Trade Hub”, making proposing and completing trades easier and more fun to debut for football.
- Largest Daily Fantasy contests, now shark-free: The biggest DFS contests on Yahoo Sports are now shark-free, enhancing the experience for fantasy fans and offering more ways to get in on the action
- Draft Together: The popular new feature from Yahoo Fantasy that enables fans to draft together though video chat, launches for fantasy football this season.
- New Gaming Programming: Yahoo Sports will launch “Yahoo Sportsbook Live” on the award winning Fantasy Football Live, a new live gaming program designed to help football fans make real time bets during the crucial halftime window this season, which will debut across Yahoo Sportsbook, Yahoo Fantasy and Yahoo Sports social channels every Sunday at 11:30am PT
Yahoo Sportsbook powered by BetMGM combines BetMGM’s world-class sports betting and interactive platform with Yahoo Sports’ history and best-in-class gaming platform. Future collaborations to come including betting experiences and content experiences like live events and productions. Yahoo Sportsbook powered by BetMGM will continue to expand and become available to fans in other states where sports betting is legal.