Reading Time: 1 minute
Top gambling firms in the UK have announced five safer gambling commitments, after the British MPs demanded an extension of maximum stake limit to online casinos and betting.
Chief executives of 10 of the UK’s best-known gambling groups – including Bet365, William Hill and the Ladbrokes and Coral owner GVC, said the commitments represented “the most comprehensive set of measures from a wide group of leaders across the sector to support the UK Gambling Commission’s national strategy to reduce gambling harms.”
The five pledges are to:
- Prevent underage gambling and protect young people.
- Increase support for treatment of gambling harm.
- Strengthen and expand codes of practice for advertising and marketing.
- Protect and empower our customers.
- Promote a culture of safer gambling.
One of the first actions announced is a four-year national programme to educate young people, to be delivered by two charities, GamCare and the Young Gamers and Gamblers Education Trust, and funded by a £10m grant from the industry.
Source: European Gaming Media
This is a Syndicated News piece. Photo credits or photo sources can be found on the source article: UK Betting Firms Announce Five Safer Gambling Commitments