Q2 Interim Report | 3 months ended 30 June 2020
APR-JUNE 2020 (COMPARED WITH APR-JUNE 2019)
- Revenues totalled EUR 5.69 (4.42) million, an increase of 29%.
- Adjusted EBITDA excluding non-recurring costs totalled EUR 3.25 (0.99) million, corresponding to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 57 (23)%.
- EBITDA totalled EUR 3.14 (0.94) million, corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 55 (21)%.
- Net cash generated from operating activities was EUR 2.93 (1.62) million.
- New Depositing Customers (NDCs) totalled 24,986 (19,487).
JAN-JUNE 2020 (COMPARED WITH JAN-JUNE 2019)
- Revenues totalled EUR 9.46 (9.67) million, a decrease of 2%.
- Adjusted EBITDA excluding non-recurring costs totalled EUR 3.99 (2.75) million, corresponding to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 42 (28)%.
- EBITDA totalled EUR 3.70 (2.70) million, corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 39 (28)%.
- Net cash generated from operating activities was EUR 2.98 (2.67) million.
- New Depositing Customers (NDCs) totalled 41,082 (46,752).
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE SECOND QUARTER 2020
- Colorado Approval | The Group received approval from the Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission to provide marketing services to licensed gaming operators in the state.
- The American Gambling Awards | An Honorary American Gambling Award was presented to Rep. Brandt Iden of Michigan. A full program was postponed until 2021 in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 Pandemic | As anticipated, the spread of the COVID-19 virus forced postponements or cancellations of sporting events worldwide negatively affecting sports revenue in the second quarter. Online casino and other non-sports games saw increased demand.
- Publication of Annual Report | The 2019 Annual Report and Consolidated Financial Statements was published on April 24, 2020 and is available on the official website of the Group (www.gambling.com/corporate).
- Trading Update | The Group published a trading update on June 26, 2020.
- The Annual General Meeting | Gambling.com held the annual general meeting on June 22, 2020. The annual report was approved and the directors and auditors re-elected.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE REPORTING PERIOD
- Launch of SlotSource.com on the US market | Gambling.com Group launched SlotSource.com in regulated US states to empower American online slot players.
- Sweden deposit and bonus limitations | The Swedish government temporarily introduced deposit and bonus limitations for gambling operators from July 2 to December 31, 2020.
“The Group delivered a record performance in Q2 in terms of revenue, EBITDA, casino NDCs and earned NDCs despite pausing media buying and virtually no sporting events. Our strategy to scale OPEX to invest in superior products and best-in-class technology clearly bore fruit in the quarter with significant improvements in search performance, monetization and operational efficiency.” – Charles Gillespie, Chief Executive.