Test your sword-wielding skills in this fantasy adventure VR action game
Thirdverse, Inc. today launched the VR sword-fighting actual game ALTAIR BREAKER for the Meta Quest 2, Oculus Rift and Valve Index. Players can test their sword-wielding skills, team up with three friends and battle against AI creatures in an expansive fantasy world. ALTAIR BREAKER will be available for purchase starting today at 10:00AM PDT, at a set price of $24.99 on Steam and Meta Quest Store.
Teruyuki Toriyama, Producer at Thirdverse, said: “ALTAIR BREAKER was developed by combining the VR game development know-how gained by the young game creators of “Swords of Gargantua” with more advanced consumer action game techniques. The idea was to create a new VR sword-fighting action game that can be easily enjoyed by users who are new to VR games, rather than the realistic sword-fighting simulators often seen in VR. The setting of this work is a virtual world called “ALTAIR,” an abandoned island in the void ruled by an experimental combat AI. The worldview incorporates elements typical of Japanese fantasy anime, such as mecha and fantasy, as its main theme. Players can easily experience sword-fighting action that transcends reality, just like a hero in such a world in VR. We hope you will enjoy the high-speed VR multiplayer sword-fighting action that is unique to this title. We will also continue to collect everyone’s feedback in order to deliver more and more content that our users can enjoy.”
To commemorate the release of ALTAIR BREAKER, ongoing campaigns will be open for everyone to participate in and have a chance to win a Meta Quest 2 headset and an Amazon Gift Card of the value of $300, as well as livestream on Twitch on selected channels with our partner creators.
Key Features in ALTAIR BREAKER:
- Transcendent VR Sword-Fighting: Designed with casual players in mind, ALTAIR BREAKER brings a “new generation of VR sword-fighting action” to the VR world featuring high-speed sword-fighting action, blow-ups, aerial combos, and wide-range attacks with special moves.
- Unique Battle System:Move from map to map while enjoying the feeling of transcendent sword fighting. Take advantage of your surroundings by climbing and gliding to easily take on enemies.
- Experience a wide range of attacks only possible in the VR world, like Shockwaves and Surge Mode.
- Expansive World of ALTAIR: The game takes place in an aerial city ALTAIR, where AI was created to develop singularity-like creatures. Once a group of islands in a sea of clouds, most of the islands have collapsed and only floating ruins remain, which are inhabited by LAWS, the experimental battle AIs left behind and free to wander around.
- Freedom of Movement: Glide through the air using your glider or climb the walls of a fortress as movement is possible in all directions in VR space. The entire map is your battlefield!
- Cross-Platform Four-Player Co-Op: Multiplayer gameplay between Meta Quest 2 and PCVR, leaving players free to be matched with players from all over the world and communicate via voice chat.